Thursday, September 16, 2010

Our New Place


We have housing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing!!!!!!!!!! It took us about two weeks to go through the process which was uncharacteristically quick for the military. Brett had already done part of the work back in May when he first arrived and I was able to go in and complete the rest. I took a tour of housing last week and was highly unimpressed with the Negeshi housing. It was about an hour train ride away, which was going to but costly to do everyday and also it would take away from the small amount of time we are already spending apart. Therefore we took Negeshi out of the running. Next was Ikego and I loved it. Places to live here are pretty different from back at home. As I have said before, its A LOT of function and very little emphasis on form. So anything built in the last 50-60 years ago is nothing great to look at but besides that, the housing here is a major upgrade for us. We have decided to move into a 3 bedroom/2 bath apartment that has roughly 1500 square feet of space. THAT IS HUGE...especially for us. We started out in a 600 ft space then went to 800 so we have almost doubled our last place and are thrilled about the opportunity for everything it offers.

Brett has already made plans for his man cave and has been anxious to start his space up again. I have decided to use the third bedroom for a computer/sewing/craft/guest room. The video on top is similar to what we will be living in. I hope that gives you a better idea of what we have to look forward to. If you have any questions about things you would like to know about, please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT, Jenn! I am so happy you're getting good things--you deserve the best! I'm excited for you! You'll have to make a video like this one when you've filled up your new home. :)

    ReplyDelete