Friday, November 5, 2010

I can Origami

A time honored tradition from Japan is definatly the art of folding paper called Origami. There are so many things that you can create with just a little sheet of 15cmx15cm paper. It is so much fun and easier than I thought it would be.

I bought this little booklet of paper from the Daei mall that is located right outside of base for just 155yen (about $1.75) and it contains 36 double sided color paper.

 I found a great channel on Youtube that shows you step by step how to create these little works of art and you can follow the link here if you would like to also give origami a try.

Here is a butterfly
 Here is my swan in ugly duckling colors :)
 Here is a classic, the crane.
 And finally, the rose. This one took the longest and needed the most attention to detail.
If you would like to know the history of origmi, this is a great website. I hope you all get to try some paper folding out!

No comments:

Post a Comment